[Koha] Koha 3.0 : item types or CCodes (again - sorry ..)

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Thu Mar 12 16:44:17 NZDT 2009

Hi all,

I have loads of incredibly useful feedback about my blog post regarding
item types and collection codes, both on my blog and via email .. so
glad because it wasn't getting much open discussion on the list for some
reason ...

So, on further thinking, I wonder if this solution could this be
usefully accommodated in Koha 3.x, and made to display nicely in an OPAC
search result:

9 'Item types' (based on loan length + rental charge)
13 'CCodes' (collections : a defined area of shelving housing a
particular clutch of material eg Adult Fiction)
60 'Shelved at' options (subcollections ie Rental Fiction, Free Fiction)
'Call Number' field used to display dewey number and filing letters.

I do want to assign icons to item types which indicate Format ie DVD,
Book, and will want those to display on the OPAC search results too, and
will set the 'Advanced Search' to display CCodes.

Any problems that anyone can see?

Cheers Jo.