[Koha] KOHA3.01 install issue with at INC with MacOSXServer10.5.6

Don Tirrell dtirrell at millisps.org
Tue Mar 10 17:23:41 NZDT 2009

Hi All,

Last spring I had installed Koha 2.2.9 onto a G5xserve running MacOSX
server 10..4.11 and after some issue (mostly Perl lib issues) was able to
get most features to work.

Earlier this year, I was attempting to install Koha 3.0 stable on to the
same G5Xserve (image) but was running into many issues (some perl, some
Apache) and due to these issues decided to upgrade the system from Mac OS
X Server 10.4.11 to 10.5.6 - I then noticed that Koha 3.0.1 stable was
released and am now using this release. I've resolved many issues
including those that I had with Apache (2.2), which apparently is running
fine, but only after I manually created the site files via Server Admin,
because the default koha-httpd.conf doesn't allow the webserver to run
correctly. Now, however, my Koha webserver config page (localhost:8080)
only displays the text of the mainpage.pl... running Perl at cli returns
the following:
------
mpslib3:intranet root# /usr/local/bin/perl mainpage.pl
Can't locate C4/Output.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/darwin-2level /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/darwin-2level
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 .) at mainpage.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mainpage.pl line 22.
------

Apparently, Perl doesn't see the required file - since, I'm no Perl expert
(do know about  perldoc, etc), I did an internet search looking for how to
add search parameters for @INC and this took me to Koha archives of 2006 -
I looked through those archives, as well as the last 8 months of 2008 and
all of through those of this year - I saw many ideas to try but didn't see
any response that clearly explained what is happening...OS X Server does
things a little different than the OSX Client - but underneath both - its
unix - so, ultimately it's about what's the path, or what's the permission
setting (etc).

Server: Mac OS X Server 10.5.6, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.1.24, Perl 5.10.0 --
this is the same Perl version used with Koha 2.2.9 but updated with
additional Perl libs as required by Koha 3.0.1 or other perl module
requirements.

{Zebra:
mpslib3:~ root# zebrasrv -f /private/etc/koha3/koha-conf.xml
00:18:49-09/03 [log] zebra_start 2.0.36
/etc/koha3/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg 00:18:49-09/03 [server] Adding
dynamic listener on tcp:@:11001 id=3
00:18:49-09/03 [server] Starting server zebrasrv pid=878
}

I was planning to check some other environment variables, vary location of
the index.html location and perhaps re-run the Koha install--  would
appreciate any additional ideas - hopefully an easy fix. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Don Tirrell
Network Administrator
Millis Public Schools

dtirrell at millisps.org

Millis Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.