[Koha] koha on windows

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Tue Mar 10 06:45:01 NZDT 2009

Hello all,

I am testing Koha for possible implementation at our library.  We are a
Windows shop & while we intend to eventually deploy a Linux production
server, we are currently in the testing phase of that project as well.

I was able to successfully install Koha 2.2.9 on Windows Server 2003
using the instructions and distributions at the below listed URLs.

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=kohawininstallation
http://www.koha.rwjr.com/

A few questions:
1. Has anyone developed a windows installer (or documentation for a
manual install) for Koha 3 on Windows Server 2003 or 2008 & IIS?
2. Is there a reasonably sized community of libraries running Koha on
Windows?
3. How difficult can I expect it to be to migrate data from a Windows
installation of Koha to a Linux installation ?

Thanks for your time.  Please send replies directly to me @
ccurry at amphilsoc.org. <http://www.koha.rwjr.com/>

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299