[Koha] Instructions or meta instructions for ISP-based (ie, single) Koha install method?

Wade wadeguidry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 05:46:57 NZDT 2009

Just installed my first instance of Koha this week (Koha 3 / Ubuntu 8.04 /
MS Virtual PC 2007).

Thanks very much to the author(s) of this doc:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_3_install_guide_ubuntu_hardy, which
got me through the install.

So far, so good, except working with VPC is pretty slow to work with.

 I'm wondering about installing Koha onto a MySQL / PERL / Linux-enabled ISP
account (with phpmyadmin and FTP access, but no command line access), to do
one or two demo projects with Koha.

I've seen a few hints that this config is possible, and just looking for
additional direction or hints.

For example, would I start by doing a local, single (directory) install, and
then try migrating that to the host (with appropriate changes to config
files)?

Thanks very much for any help,

Wade