[Koha] Problem with HTTP::OAI

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Jun 13 01:38:51 NZST 2009

Hi Erik,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 13:57, Erik Lewis<elewis at ngrl.org> wrote:

> I'm installing Koha 3.02 on Ubuntu 8.04.  Everything looked good up
> until I tried to install HTTP::OAI, then I started getting errors.
> Any thoughts, suggestions, or can I just force it and forget about it?

For what it's worth, I'm getting the same errors that you are having,
when installing "HTTP::OAI" version 3.21 from CPAN.

 I'm NOT using Ubuntu but SLES 11 (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11)
and openSUSE 11.0

I have reported these problems, in this same Koha mailing list, a few
days ago (on 9-Jun-2009):

[Koha] Problems installing HTTP::OAI from CPAN for Koha 3.0.2
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2009-June/018789.html

Galen Charlton, from LibLime, has kindly replied on that same day,
saying that he's not having these problems, when installing HTTP::OAI
on a fresh Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) installation and he suspected
that the errors that I had got might be related to some setup in my
XML::LibXML installation or other XML processing dependency:

http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2009-June/018790.html

I have investigated further and it seemed to me (and it still seems,
but I may be wrong) that's not the real issue:

http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2009-June/018804.html

I have sent an e-mail message to Tim Brody (author and maintainer of
the HTTP::OAI module), also on 9 June 2009, to the e-mail address that
appears in this web page:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/tdb2

I haven't received a reply, but only 3 days have passed, so that might
be normal.

I have also visited the official page for this HTTP-OAI module, at:

Tim Brody / HTTP-OAI - search.cpan.org
http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTTP-OAI/

I saw a link there to "Discussion Forum", clicked on that link and
ended up in the CPANforum.com web site, in a page for that specific
module:

CPAN Forum - HTTP-OAI
http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/HTTP-OAI

I wrote a post there, as well:

Errors installing HTTP::OAI v3.21
http://www.cpanforum.com/posts/10934

I'm also trying to report this error using the "CPAN::Reporter"
module, in the hope that it gets listed in the "CPAN Testers reports"
page for that HTTP-OAI module:

CPAN Testers Reports: Reports for HTTP-OAI
http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/H/HTTP-OAI.html

... but I'm having some problems to get it listed there (I wrote a
post regarding this to the "CPAN Testers Discuss" mailing list -
http://wiki.cpantesters.org/wiki/MailingLists - but it seems that the
post has not got through).

Well, Erik... at least you now know that you're NOT alone!  :)

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0