[Koha] Does Koha support RFID?

jminges jminges at nekls.org
Fri Jun 12 03:00:32 NZST 2009

Philip,

We have been working with one of the libraries in our system that uses
3M RFID. Koha does support RFID but you may require development work
on the interface between your RFID system and SIP server. Liblime has
done that development work for us, and we are still working out some
bugs but  the connection is working reasonably well. Generally the
problems that have required work involve self-check functions when
there is an existing hold on an item, and messaging on the smart
return chutes.

Jim

Philip Suda wrote:

"Greetings,

            Does Koha support RFID, specifically Bibliotheca RFID? What
problems are people facing in the way of RFID and Koha? Any and all
advice,
tips, suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thank you. "
Jim Minges		email: jminges at nekls.org

Director
Northeast Kansas Library System
4317 WEst 6th Street