[Koha] Contributing- computer reservation?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:51:20 NZDT 2009

I happen to have written a public computer kiosk system called Libki
that I have integrated with Koha so our patrons have a single signon
for both LibKi and Koha (all password and login changes are made in
Koha and propagated to LibKi ). You can check it out here:
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/libki-kiosk-system/

If you are interested I'd love to have some help with it. I've had
plans to add a reservation system to it, but I haven't had the time (
we're switching from dev_week to 3.0 and all my time has been
dedicated to that ). I'd also like to write a dedicated Windows client
( to make it really work well on Windows it needs to be written in
.Net ), and last on the list is a rewrite of the universal client as
C++/Qt4. The current client is written in PHP5/Gtk and works quite
well in Linux, and ok in Windows. The administration is web-based and
is built upon CakePHP. The db is currently postgres, but I've been
planning to switch it to MySQL in the next version ( it's quite
trivial for the web admin and only slightly worse for the client ).

I see no reason we could not add a LibKi-compatible administration
panel to Koha, along with a reservation system. I guess what I'm
getting at is a kiosk system that can function independently, or as a
Koha module.

Let me know if this comes even close to what you were interested in.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology
Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )