[Koha] PTFS Support for the Koha Community

rafael.antonio at sapo.pt rafael.antonio at sapo.pt
Sat Jan 31 07:28:13 NZDT 2009

Mrs. Yokley,

Whether or not you have reason to argue in your defense the point is that Koha comunity is thankfull to all that devellop, suport, translate and do all the best to proceed and serve Koha project.
Any discussions like the one you are begining just make everybody to spend time and efforts. We need people to cooperate and help others that are adopting open source software for libraries.
Feel free to cooperate but not to obliterate.

Rafael Antonio

Citando "Yokley, John" <JYokley at ptfs.com>:

> Dear members of the Koha user community.  Please note that the press release posted to the Koha.org site on January 29th was inappropriate and deceptive.  Here are the facts:  PTFS submitted an application to be included on the Koha support list Web page on 11/03/2008 and we fully complied with the policies posted at that time.  The rules to allow a company to be listed on that page were subsequently changed after our application was submitted and we received a rejection email on 11/06/2008.  PTFS sent another email on 1/15/09 indicating that we were now ready to resubmit our application and asking for clarification on the latest policies.  We are now able to comply with the revised rules that now include client contracts, references and a working Koha installation.  We fully intend to resubmit our application.
>

> Note that PTFS is well equipped to support this marketplace and we are just beginning to gear up to do so.  We currently employ over twenty librarians on staff who implement, configure, train and support software management solutions for libraries.  We also have a software development group well suited to support Koha development.  I have been advised that there are community concerns over code submission.  While we have not yet completed a Koha development project, we fully intend to provide the source code to our customers for submission to the community.
>

> PTFS, INC. is a company that has been in the information industry since 1995.  We have been installing and supporting commercial ILS systems for over a dozen years and are now focusing our expertise to provide high quality support and development to the Open Source ILS community.  We also think we can add significant value to the library community by integrating our ArchivalWare content management system with the Koha Open Source ILS.  See press release from SLA, June of last year http://www.ptfs.com/company/press_releases_current.aspx.
>

> I do not typically post notes to lists but felt I needed to respond to this issue personally.  In addition, I do not think this list is the forum for this type of conversation.  If you want more information on PTFS or this issue we would be happy to talk to you directly by phone or email.
>

> John Yokley
>
> CEO
>

> Please contact Patrick Jones
>
> pjones at ptfs.com[1]
>
> 301-654-8088x127
>

> John Yokley
> P | T | F | S
> Content Management and Library Solutions
> 6400 Goldsboro Road    Suite 200
> Bethesda, MD   20817
> (301) 654-8088, ext. #111
> FAX: 301-654-5789