[Koha] PTFS Support for the Koha Community

Yokley, John JYokley at ptfs.com
Sat Jan 31 06:56:00 NZDT 2009

Dear members of the Koha user community.  Please note that the press
release posted to the Koha.org site on January 29th was inappropriate
and deceptive.  Here are the facts:  PTFS submitted an application to be
included on the Koha support list Web page on 11/03/2008 and we fully
complied with the policies posted at that time.  The rules to allow a
company to be listed on that page were subsequently changed after our
application was submitted and we received a rejection email on
11/06/2008.  PTFS sent another email on 1/15/09 indicating that we were
now ready to resubmit our application and asking for clarification on
the latest policies.  We are now able to comply with the revised rules
that now include client contracts, references and a working Koha
installation.  We fully intend to resubmit our application.

Note that PTFS is well equipped to support this marketplace and we are
just beginning to gear up to do so.  We currently employ over twenty
librarians on staff who implement, configure, train and support software
management solutions for libraries.  We also have a software development
group well suited to support Koha development.  I have been advised that
there are community concerns over code submission.  While we have not
yet completed a Koha development project, we fully intend to provide the
source code to our customers for submission to the community.

PTFS, Inc. is a company that has been in the information industry since
1995.  We have been installing and supporting commercial ILS systems for
over a dozen years and are now focusing our expertise to provide high
quality support and development to the Open Source ILS community.  We
also think we can add significant value to the library community by
integrating our ArchivalWare content management system with the Koha
Open Source ILS.  See press release from SLA, June of last year
http://www.ptfs.com/company/press_releases_current.aspx
<http://www.ptfs.com/company/press_releases_current.aspx> .

I do not typically post notes to lists but felt I needed to respond to
this issue personally.  In addition, I do not think this list is the
forum for this type of conversation.  If you want more information on
PTFS or this issue we would be happy to talk to you directly by phone or
email.

John Yokley

CEO

Please contact Patrick Jones