[Koha] error when adding MARC Record

John Wesley Simpson Hibbs john at swajime.com
Sat Jan 10 02:53:23 NZDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 09:58 +0100, Zeno Tajoli wrote:

> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> At 18.50 08/01/2009, Jeffrey LePage wrote:
> >I got an error when attempting to add a MARC
> >record and I need to find a resolution.
> >Here's the scenario:
> >
> >1) From the "Add Marc Record" page, click on
> >Z39.50 search.  Right now I have only one server
> >set: LIBRARY OF CONGRESS [z3950.loc.gov]
> >2) enter an ISBN-13 = 789780061208461
> >3) the search is successful and returns "Dirt on my shirt", by Jeff Foxworthy.
> >4) Click on "import" on the Z39.50 popup.
> >5) import is successful and most MARC fields are
> >populated.  Notably, tag  003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER is NOT populated.
> >6) When I click 'save', the string 'OSt' is
> >inserted into the input text field for tag 003,
> >and a javascript alert box pops up with the
> >message:"Can't save this record because the
> >following field aren't filled: * tag 003 subfield 0 control field in tab 0"
> >
> >How do I fix this?
>
> I think you use MARC21 Default framework
> Go to
> <http://131.175.9.53:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl>Home
>> <http://131.175.9.53:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/admin-home.pl>Administration
>> <http://131.175.9.53:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/biblio_framework.pl>MARC
> Frameworks and edit the field 003 in the Default framework.
> Put it as non mandatory.
>
> That's all
>
> Bye
>

> Zeno Tajoli
> CILEA - Segrate (MI)
> tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it
> (Indirizzo mascherato anti-spam; sostituisci quanto tra AT con @)

Is there a way to make this field pre-fill to the appropriate default
value instead of making it non-mandatory?
There are fields on the next screen also where it would be helpful to
have them pre-filled with appropriate values.
i.e.: Item type, current library, permanent library, shelving location,
and Non-Fiction.

--
John Wesley Simpson Hibbs <john at swajime.com>
SwaJime's Cove