[Koha] Converting non-MARC records

Davoodifar, H. Sam (EDU-ECY) H.Sam.Davoodifar at gov.mb.ca
Tue Jan 6 06:52:23 NZDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've recently got a SydPlus system which has about 20000 non-MARC
records and runs on SQL Server. I've been able to export all tables into
CSV format. Now I want to get these records loaded into KOHA and need
some help. Also, I need to figure out database structure to associate
(map) each one to MARC fields. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with
SydPlus as we just recently inherited the collection and system. So,
essentially my questions are:

1- Is anyone familiar with SydPlus record structure and tables?
2- How to convert non-MARC records and load them into KOHA.

I'd really appreciate any help and suggestion....

Thanks

H. Sam Davoodifar
Systems Admin/IT Services
IRU - Educational Resources
Manitoba Education, Citizenship & Youth
1181 Portage Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3G OT3
Tel: 204-945-4904 Toll free: 800-282-8069 (ext. 4904)
Fax: 204-945-8756
New email: h.sam.davoodifar at gov.mb.ca