[Koha] [Koha-devel] Errors trying to import records from Z39.50

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Feb 27 03:30:29 NZDT 2009

[Warning: this appears on both user and devel lists!]

Krishnan M <kmlist at yahoo.in> wrote:
> 1) We can't import MARC records from a Z39.50 search. For e.g., i just search for "Great Expectations" from Library of Congress and attempt to import, and i get the error below. This error occurs for pretty much any book.
>
> Koha error
>
> The following fatal error has occurred:
>
> Can't call method "add_subfields" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl line 141.
[...]
> Any thoughts or ideas?

I think this can happen when you have authorities enabled,
BiblioAddsAuthorities OFF and the place you're importing from doesn't
use the same authorities headings as you.  As a simple fix, try
switching BiblioAddsAuthorities ON and see if the error goes away.
As a longer-term fix, you need to choose how to handle authorities and
imports.

More generally, should we have a BiblioZAddsAuthorities syspref so
that only Z imports can add to the authorities file?

Please don't email both the user and devel lists without warning!  For
example, I'm reading my devel folder right now and I've written my
reply, then I spot the cc.  I don't know if anyone has replied to the
user list and solved this.  I might have wasted my time.  Please pick
one list first and if they can't answer, then repost it to the other
later.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)