[Koha] mapping data in Koha 3.0

Laura Johnson lauraj at tcoek12.org
Tue Feb 24 10:22:43 NZDT 2009

Hello,

I have installed Koha on 3.0 and I am ready to import my records (again) and
would like some advice on the best practice of mapping my data. I have the
title listed under 245$a and the media type under 245$h.  Here is a sample
of the items we carry in our library. Our library consists of Video
Cassettes and audio books.

=LDR  00660ngm  2200169   4500

=005  20030703081938.0

=007  vuucuuuuu

=008  991123s1989\\\\\\\030

=050  \\$bVC3194$c0

=245  \\$aReading Rainbow: Humphrey The Lost Whale: A True Story$hVC

=260  \\$bGPN$c1989

=300  \\$a30$bcol$e1

=520  \\$aBased on the true story of a California Humpback whale that gets
lost, the book by Wendy Tokuda and Richard Hall inspires Levar to spend a
day at sea whale watching.

=521  \\$aPrimary

=650  \\$aLIFE SCIENCE, BIOLOGY-MAMMALS

=650  \\$aLANGUAGE AND LITERATURE-CHILDREN'S LITERATURE

=999  \\$pVC319401$cMain Library$k01$r0.00$a01/01/1980$b12/31/2022$yVC3194

Last time I imported the data, only the description is visible. I ended up
deleting the Koha database and so I can start with a fresh database. I would
like to use the mapping tool in Koha, but if I need to use MarcEdit to
change the tag numbers please let me know. I just want to make sure that I
am using the tools correctly.

Has anyone had the same experience of importing similar data into Koha and
if you have a detailed description of the best practice for this procedure.

Thank you in advanced and for your patience with my limited knowledge of the
Koha Software.

Sincerely,

Laura Johnson

System Administrator and Health Assistant

Trinity County Office of Education

201 Memorial Dr.

P.O. Box 1256

Weaverville, CA 96093