[Koha] Adding or editing Patron category Type

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Feb 13 04:36:43 NZDT 2009

>> How can we edit or add new "Patron category Type"  (e.g. Adult, Child,
>> Staff, Professional etc.)

> If I remember correctly, these are hard coded in the perl files. Not
> configurable via admin screens.

That's right. The category types are broad definitions under which
your specific patron categories can be created. From the
manual-in-progress:

'Category type' is programmed into the system as follows:
# Staff = A user that can be configured to perform functions in the staff client
# Adult = An average patron (can have child patrons under it)
# Child = A patron who must have an adult guarantor
# Organization = An organization that can have professional patrons under it
# Professional = A patron that can have an organization as a guarantor
# Statistical = A "fake" library card. When items are scanned onto a
Statistical patron card, the items are not checked out, but recorded.

https://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/Patrons---Circulation/Patrons---Circulation--Patron-Categories

Patron categories are the ones you can define yourself: Administration
> Patron categories (/cgi-bin/koha/admin/categorie.pl). Generally
speaking your patron categories could all be placed under the "Adult"
patron category type. It's essentially like a default category.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries