[Koha] "Place Hold" in OPAC

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Dec 22 03:12:27 NZDT 2009

>> What MARC field/subfield data is used to deterimine whether the "Place
>> Hold" action is or is not available for a particular record?
>
> Koha uses a matrix, itemtype - patrontype - library/branch to define
> issuing and hold rules.

Koha would also not offer a "Place hold" link if there were no items
attached. I'm not sure about how things work with your catalog--I'm
curious why there is an item attached to one of those examples and not
the other.

With an item attached you have an itemtype to hook the circ policy
too, but without an item attached you don't need a circ policy because
there are no items!

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer