[Koha] Wide character in null operation after Z3950 import

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Dec 10 11:41:44 NZDT 2009

Hi all,

We have a Koha/3.00.04_fixed installation in the French language. When
we search for a word like "père" in the catalogue, the browser submits
the accented e correctly and the search succeeds.

Then we attempt to import a biblio record using Z3950 into the catalogue
that contains the word "père" we see the following error message:

    The following fatal error has occurred:Wide character in null operation
    at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MARC/Charset/Table.pm line 96.

So, I cannot put this down to incorrect URF-8 character encoding in either
the web server or the client's browser. Am I correct in suspecting that the
character encoding goes amiss somehwere in the Z3950 communications gateway?

cheers
rickw