[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Dec 9 21:31:17 NZDT 2009

Joann Ransom a écrit :
> Hi all,
Hi Jo,
> I am probably jumping the gun here, but I am trying to understand the
> logic behind the new acquisitions module so I can load in our budgets
> in the most effective way.
>
> I understand that a 'root budget' is for a fixed period of time, and
> has sub-budgets.
>
> So is the thinking that you would create 1 root budget for 2009-2010
> financial year, and then sub-budgets within that for each spending
> area ie Fiction, LargePrint, DVDs etc.
>
> Or, would you create a Root Budget for 'Fiction 2009 - 2010', and then
> another for 'Largeprint 2009 - 2010' and then another for 'DVDs 2009 -
> 2010', and then add sub-budgets to those. So for example 'DVDs
> 2009-2010' could have sub-budgets for 'Adult DVDs', 'Teen DVDs' &
> 'Junior DVDs.'
in fact ... it's strictly as you want: both should work. You can also
have a root budget for library A and root budget for library B, it's
really as you want.
The only difference may be in statistics, to see how much you spent, as
it's always compared to root budget. And the stats module need more
tweaks I think, so the difference can't be seen really as of today.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com