[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Wed Dec 9 16:44:10 NZDT 2009

Hi all,

I am probably jumping the gun here, but I am trying to understand the
logic behind the new acquisitions module so I can load in our budgets in
the most effective way.

I understand that a 'root budget' is for a fixed period of time, and has
sub-budgets.

So is the thinking that you would create 1 root budget for 2009-2010
financial year, and then sub-budgets within that for each spending area
ie Fiction, LargePrint, DVDs etc.

Or, would you create a Root Budget for 'Fiction 2009 - 2010', and then
another for 'Largeprint 2009 - 2010' and then another for 'DVDs 2009 -
2010', and then add sub-budgets to those. So for example 'DVDs
2009-2010' could have sub-budgets for 'Adult DVDs', 'Teen DVDs' &
'Junior DVDs.'

Cheers Jo.