[Koha] Messages rejected - www-data at kohaorg.ec2.liblime.com

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Fri Aug 28 04:55:18 NZST 2009

Hi,

What you received may probably be some harmless testing messages as someone set up a server (looks like they were doing something on Amazon's EC2 hosting service...)

If liblime was at all involved (from the hostname), they might be able to tell you if they indeed sent you something you missed.

Mail servers generally do a RDNS (reverse DNS look-up) on the servers they are receiving mail from. This is an anti-spam measure to verify the system sending them mail is indeed who they claim to be (as listed on the Domain Name System for the Internet). The SMTP e-mail protocol is an insecure protocol and practically anyone, anywhere on the internet can send an e-mail to any e-mail address posing as anyone!

regards,
krishnan