[Koha] MARC record import

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 05:18:51 NZST 2009

Hmm ... good idea.

The Minuteman catalog doesn't have MARC export functionality, &
records can be saved to a list, but no MARC export there either.

MarcEditor will accept text files; format should be like this, however:

=LDR  04217cgm a2200841Ia 4500
=001  ocn175280415
=003  OCoLC
=008  071019s2007\\\\cau181\\\\\\\\\\\\mleng\d
=040  \\$aEYB$cEYB$dOCLCQ$dOCLCG$dIUL
=041  1\$aeng$afre$aspa$beng$bspa$heng
=043  \\$ae-un---
=050  \4$aPN1997$b.F43 2007
=130  0\$aFiddler on the roof (Motion picture)

Not this:
LEADER 00000cam  2200397Ia 4500
001    233216064
003    OCoLC
008    080703s2008    nyu     d     000 1 eng d
020    9780739494752
035    (OCoLC)233216064
040    KKV|cKKV|dWIQ|dIUI|dMLN
050 04 PS3555.V2126|bF43 2008
082 04 813/.54|222
100 1  Evanovich, Janet.
245 10 Fearless fourteen /|cJanet Evanovich.

The latter does not compile correctly into MARC. I changed the
following manually & the file compiled fine:
* change | to $
* add = before each line
* change LEADER to LDR

Not sure whether any of these changes are optional ...

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH