[Koha] Staff Client query

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:07:20 NZST 2009

2009/4/26 99eclipse <legacyzone.admin at gmail.com>

> I've successfully installed KOHA 3 on Ubuntu 8.10.  Is it possible to add
> books when I'm accessing the staff client from the internet and not from
> the
> local network?

You can make the staff client accessible from the internet; this would
depend on the exact setup of your network, but it shouldn't be that hard. It
would involve forwarding a port from your router/modem to your web server.

If you can forward ports, and wish for a slightly more secure solution (Koha
does transmit passwords in plaintext, along with everything else), you can
set it up so you can log into a server on your network with SSH. Then, you
can use an SSH tunnel to access Koha from afar. Not that the SSH-accessible
server doesn't even have to be your webserver, just a computer that can
access it.

--
Jesse Weaver