[Koha] Deleting Manage Staged MARC Records

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Apr 10 05:48:29 NZST 2009

I don't believe there is a way to delete the files from Manage Staged MARC Records using the web interface. I looked (not very hard) for a way thinking it would look more tidy to clear out the history but couldn't find a way. That typed, I checked our Manage Staged MARC Records list and noticed gaps in what looks like a sequentially numbered list - we skip from line number 24 to line number 28. If you've imported records that you'd like to undo, it is possible; click on the line number and then the "Undo Import" button.

We've been getting the "can't call method 'as_usmarc' on an undefined value" error message too. Searching for a definition and solution shows that we may have some records in a format other than MARC. This seems logical as there have been a number of records added recently and the problem has gotten a lot worse. We did have some success a few months ago when we were getting the same or similar (I can't remember particulars now) error message when we rebuilt zebra; the issue was resolved. We have zebra rebuild scheduled to run automatically but as we still experience the error, I suspect that two situations were different.

Since we receive records from Z39.50 and OCLC as well as reload Koha biblios after updating item records (some of our biblios have more than 100 attached items), it seems that our issue is a MARC issue. We stage and manage biblios in MARC21 consistently and try to save Koha biblios for item updates in non-Unicode/MARC-8. However I do not know how to resolve the suspected MARC format situation. Perhaps our biblios could be exported and then re-imported?

Additionally I did find what looks like a bug report from last year:
http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-bugs/2008-March/005692.html

I hope this helps,

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus