[Koha] Renewals in 3.0

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Sep 12 00:00:05 NZST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Tim McMahon <tmcmahon at wlpl.org> wrote:
> Thanks.  It was suggested that I turn item-level_itypes off to fix an
> earlier problem.  I had that turned back on.  Setting it to off fixed it
> for me.
This has other implications of course. Since you're coming from an earlier
version of Koha where itemtype was stored only at the bib level, it's
likely that all your data has bib-level itemtypes. If you want to take advantage
of the flexibility of 3.0 to have item-level itemtypes (itypes), you will
have to do some updating of your item records (perhaps to copy
the bib-level itemtype to items.itype and the cooresponding MARC
field/subfield). This has the advantage of allowing you to have
different circ policies for items belonging to the same bib. For instance,
if you have one copy of a book that's 'Reference' and another copy
that is for general circulation.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support