[Koha] Position announcement - Koha application developer (US or Canada)

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Sep 9 05:21:44 NZST 2008

[Apologies for cross-posting]

LibLime has a full-time Perl application developer position that we're
looking to fill immediately.  The responsibilities will center on
adding new features to the Koha ILS (http://www.koha.org/), but may
include working on other open-source library projects such as the
‡biblios metadata editor (http://www.biblios.org/).

Applicants should be based in the United States or Canada.

REASONS YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT LIBLIME

1. Our customers. Working at LibLime you'll have the opportunity to
work directly with libraries who have a real vision for where they
want their library technology to go, and the resources to take it
there.

2. Flexible, distributed environment. We have a central management
office, but most of our employees work from home offices. Hours are
flexible; you can listen to your own music and work in your pajamas
(if you want to!).

3. It's all Open Source. We're geeks about open source; every piece of
code you create is licensed under the GPL. We tell our customers that
means no vendor lock-in, but it applies to employees too -- your code
follows you to your next job.

4. Competitive compensation and benefits package. Excellent group
health plan, 401(k) retirement account with employer matching, and
support for travel to professional development opportunities such as
the Code4Lib conference.

5. Upward mobility. LibLime is a growing company with lots of
opportunities to advance your career.

QUALIFICATIONS

4+ years of application development experience in Perl including SQL
and web services.

Experience working with an existing codebase, including good refactoring skills.

Experience on the command line in Unix/Linux environment.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Domain knowledge in library workflow in one or more areas such as
acquisitions, authority control, serials, cataloging, or circulation.

Knowledge of library-specific standards/protocols such as MARC, MODS,
Dublin Core, Z39.50, other Z39.* standards, NCIP, SIP2.

JOB DESCRIPTION

The complete job description and qualifications can be found at

http://liblime.com/about/careers/software_engineer_koha

HOW TO APPLY

Send a resume and cover letter to careers at liblime.com.

--