[Koha] comma separated reports and commas in author names

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 09:50:30 NZST 2008

Hello,

Using a snapshot of 3.0 (ver. 3.01.00.001). When I generate a report
listing all the catalog items, includes a column for authors, and saving
that report comma separated, Base (OOo) treats the authors' last names
and first names as different columns (the two parts of names are
separated with commas). Is this something I cannot avoid while using
comma separated columns or has this problem not been noticed yet?

I then saved that report using tabs as separators and it worked properly
though.

So since Koha has this option of comma separated columns and I am
noticing commas in authors' names, perhaps either we (as in 'we in our
library') have the authors' names in a wrong format or the comma
separated option in Koha is kind of inappropriate for this purpose.
Comments?

Regards.