[Koha] MARC Framework Question

CIBU Library library at cibu.edu
Thu Oct 23 07:15:30 NZDT 2008

Hello Everyone!

I am setting up Koha v. 3.0 .

According to the documentation, the default MARC Framework should be
pre-installed, and have all the MARC codes listed. When I want to make a
framework based upon the default, the created framework is blank. The
default framework appears to be blank as well. No tags of any sort in the
table.

I thought to experiment by cataloging an item, in case the default settings
were hidden. I got the following Error message:

Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 1542

Apache

Server version: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) Server built: May 8 2007 16:04:43

Koha

3.00.00.107

Koha DB

3.0000107

MySQL

mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.27, for apple-darwin8.5.1 (i686) using readline
5.0

OS

Darwin jupiter-labs.com 8.11.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.1: Wed Oct 10
18:23:28 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.25.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Perl

5.008008

Any advice is appreciated. If necessary, I will enter each MARC field by
hand, however when I try to add a new tag to my MARC framework, it reverts
to the screen which asks me what Framework I am basing the current framework
off of.

Does anyone have any advice, especially regarding the blank default
framework?  I would like to note that my Global System Preferences were all
blank when I began the project, no preferences or default values were
present, and I had to set each by hand. Could this be related to the blank
template for the default MARC framework? Is there a file that I am missing?
I do have some technical support for the Apache/MySQL side of the project,
but he is not a librarian.

Thank you very much!

Matthew McAndrews

University Librarian

California International Business University

303 A Street

Suite 301

San Diego, CA 92101

(619) 702 - 9400