[Koha] New Indexes in OPAC

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Thu Oct 23 05:57:30 NZDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Melissa Lefebvre <mlefebvre at biblio.org>wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>

> I am new to Koha and am trying to set up our OPAC to have more searchable
> indexes on the Advanced Search page which will search specific tags in the
> MARC record.  We have added a note for our state children's award winners
> and nominees to the 586 tag which I would like to be able to search on.
> Here is what I've done so far:
>

> 1)      edited record.abs to include the MARC tag that I want to search on
> (in this case 586$a)
>
> 2)      edited bib1.att and added attribute
>
> 3)      edited ccl.properties and added what the new indexes I wanted to
> be (in this case wa) and pointed it to the attribute that I assigned in the
> bib1.att
>
> 4)      added the option value to the opac-advsearch.tmpl
>
> 5)      reindexed
>

> When I go to the Advanced search page and choose the Award Winner from the
> drop down menu, and enter the wording on the tag's note, I don't get any
> results.  What am I missing?  Do I have to add the index term of "wa" to
> another file?
>

> I am on Koha 3.01.00.002, debian etch.
>

> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Melissa
>

> Melissa S. Lefebvre
>
> Web Services Administrator
>
> Bibliomation, Inc.
>
> 32 Crest Road
>
> Middlebury, CT 06762
>
> 203-577-4070 ext. 116

The only suggestions I would have would be to check the Zebra and Koha error
logs to make sure the search is happening correctly. The Koha search tool is
very verbose and should print out the exact query it is sending on to Zebra.

Do other kinds of searches still work? (You probably checked this, but in
case a syntax error sneaked into one of those files, it would be good to
verify).

--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime