[Koha] Cataloguing

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Oct 17 23:25:32 NZDT 2008

Rakesh Mistry <rmistry at ori.org.za> wrote:
> Does every single author/journal title/etc. have to exist in the
> Authorities list?

Sorry this is only a quick reply.  I think you need to look in Admin
Home: System Preferences: BiblioAddsAuthorities if you don't want
author/journal title/etc to have to exist in the Authorities already.
Or change your MARC setup to not use the authorities.

> Am I missing something about the way the data should be captured?
> Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

There should be a link to the manual's current location on koha.org
somewhere, or on kohadocs.org - let me know if not and I'll fix it.

> BTW Will Koha allow me to store e-journals within the system? In other
> words, people browsing the catalogue will be able to download an
> e-journal article or e-book.

I think it's better to use a repository and then add a link in the 847
field of a MARC record, but I still want to look at some stuff there.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)