[Koha] Working out the kinks (KOHA 2.2.9)

gayle prentice wood tiadragon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:37:47 NZDT 2008

Hello again, everyone -

My IT guy has (finally) brought me in my server loaded with Koha and I have
spent a bit of time using Brooke's Newbie Manual (unfortunately Nicole's
link to the draft 3.0 Manual is not applicable).  Unfortunately, I have
already run into some basic problems.  Any help with the following is
GREATLY appreciated:

 1.  When entering a new member, the expiry field does not autocalculate and
I am unable to issue books because the system believes their card has
expired.  In the scheme of things, this is not a big problem because I can
manually enter an expiry date, but I'm wondering if I set something wrong in
the parameters.

2.  When I try to issue a book using any of the members (no matter what
borrower category), I get the following error message: "Too many issues
(already issued / max : c 0 / 0)."  Again, I think I may have set something
up wrong, even though I have double-checked my issuing rules and all
borrower categories have good rules (generally "14,5").  Is there some way I
can check what is wrong?

 In case it is needed, here is my Server Info from the About page:

Koha version      2.2.9
 OS version         Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
 Perl version        5.008008
 MySQL version   mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.22, for Win32 (ia32)
 Apache version

Thanks!

Gayle Prentice Wood
Library Coordinator
Mt. Scott Learning Centers (Portland, OR)
gwood at mtscottlearningcenters.org