[Koha] Circulation history and 3.2

Sharon Moreland smoreland at nekls.org
Sat Nov 15 11:08:25 NZDT 2008

Hello,

According to the developer's wiki, the 3.2 System Groups work will be:

1. Adding the ability to link settings to a branch.

This means that a setting can be “owned” by a branch, i.e., have one
value or set of values at one branch and a different value at another.
Settings that could be owned by a branch include:

     * item types
     * patron categories
     *acquisitions settings such as funds and currencies
     *selected system preferences
     *authorized values
     *notice templates (note that this is related to Mason’s RFC of
May 29).
     *calendars
     *MARC record matching rules

My question is this - will of those "selected system preferences"
include the ability to turn off/on circulation history at the 'branch'
level?  Our consortium is made up of many independent public libraries
and they would like to have local control of this feature.

Sharon Moreland
NEKLS/NExpress

Thanks for the sound cue's info!