[Koha] Catalog search returns "No results found"

Melisa Canales mcanales29 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 06:43:43 NZDT 2008

Hello,
We have a Ubuntu server running an older version of Koha (2.2.6).  We are
trying to move to Koha 3.0, so I have done a fresh install of Koha
3.00.00.107 on a different machine where I have installed Debian "etch".  I
have also installed Zebra 2.0.32.  I have followed the instructions in the
INSTALL.debian file and the Koha installation seemed to work out ok.  To get
our existing data from the old machine, I did a mysqldump and moved the data
to the new box.  I then followed the instructions in the "Upgrading from
Koha 2.2 to Koha 3.0" document to get the database in shape for Koha 3.0.
That seemed to work as I can search patrons and I can view all the data in
mysql or phpmyadmin.  However when I try to search for titles through the
Koha intranet or opac, I get the "No results found" message.  I have started
zebra and run the rebuild_zebra script and still get the same message.  I
have tried to enter a new record, run rebuild_zebra, search - and still no
results found.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
mc