[Koha] Adding schools as branches to a public library Koha install

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Tue Nov 11 08:02:54 NZDT 2008

Our installation is set to OFF because we share materials (interlibrary loan) though everything else does apply. We have not "gone live" yet.

When 'IndependentBranches' is ON, Koha...
-prohibits staff users from logging into another location from within the staff client, unless they have superlibrarian privileges.
-filters out patrons from patron searches that do not belong at the login location. (If a patron is registered at 'C' Branch, a search at 'A' Branch won't bring up that patron.)
-limits the location and sublocation choices to the login location, when adding or modifying an item record.
-prevents users from other library locations from checking out or placing holds on material held at a different library location.
-prevents staff from editing item records that do not belong to the login location.

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus