[Koha] let me rephrase the question

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu May 1 02:04:35 NZST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Thomas Clark Wilson
<tom.wilson.87 at alumni.concordia.ca> wrote:
> I meant that I can do backups by exporting the biblio records o a text file.
> However, if in the future I have to reload the records, how would I do it?
Your best bet is to do a mysqldump of the database to back up, rather than just
backing up the biblio records. Then you could restore the whole system using
mysql utiltiies.

Alternatively, if all you care about is bib records, you can use the
bulkmarcimport.pl
script to import records into a fresh installation.

In 3.0, there is a set of utilities for importing records directly
from the staff interface,
that supports complex operations like matching and overlay. 3.0 isn't
available for
Windows yet, but we hope it will be soon.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support