[Koha] Marc Authority Frameworks and Record Displays

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Mon Mar 31 05:59:49 NZDT 2008

Hi Ramon

Visibility in the OPAC, staff interface and editor is controlled by the
MARC Subfield Structure.   You'll find a link in System Administration
to MARC Bibliographic Frameworks that will get you there.  Find tag 080
and Edit Subfields.  You'll find a coded 'hidden' value, which is a bit
abstruse
at first glance, but if you click the [?] help link at the top right of the
screen,
you'll find an explanation.  If you set hidden to zero, the 080 subfields
you've
edited will appear in your MARC editor and in your MARC displays.

HTH

Ryan

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au>
wrote:

> Thanks, that makes sense and is what I'm seeing.
>
> The follow up question is - if I want to add information for a record
> that is in the framework and is currently empty (and hence doesn't
> show up), how do I do that?
>
> The long version is:
> While going through the preferences I'd noticed that Koha was capable
> of dealing with a number of classification schemes (other than Dewey
> which I'm most familiar with - but am not entirely happy with), one of
> these the UDC looks like it might fit better, but although the
> appropriate MARC Code (080) is in the Framework, and Koha has it
> listed as a classification scheme I'm using I can't see it in the MARC
> record point anywhere else in the cataloguing process. I'd like to
> know how to make sure that it turns up so that I can populate the field.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> ramon.
>

> On 26/03/2008, at 9:05 PM, David Schuster wrote:
> >
> > Generally if there isn't something in a tag it won't display.  Are
> > you seeing
> > something different than that?
> >
> > David
> >
> > custard wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Probably a fairly basic question here, but from a non-librarian.
> >>
> >> I'm noticing that some of the MARC fields that are in a given
> >> framework are not showing when looking at the record of an item.
> >>
> >> Is this expected?
> >> What controls which fields do show?
> >>
> >> -ramon

Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704