[Koha] Koha OPAC Question

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Mar 5 07:55:54 NZDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Mark Dehmlow <mdehmlow at nd.edu> wrote:
> We are looking at next gen interfaces for our catalog and Koha was
>  something we were interested in looking at, however at this point we are
>  not interested in switching our ILS.  We were wondering if the OPAC
>  interface for Koha could be used with a different back-end or if it was
>  pretty tied to the Koha back-end.  If it could be used outside of the
>  Koha ILS system, what would be required for a back-end.

LibLime is working on a sponsored development to allow Koha to be used
as an OPAC for another ILS.  This would work by periodically loading
updated bib and item information from the source ILS.  It will also
integrate with some services provided by the source ILS to handle
patron empowerment features.

There are of course other open-source OPAC replacement projects as
well, including VUFind and Blacklight.

Regards,

Galen
--