[Koha] Itemtype not displaying in OPAC correctly

Heather Braum hbraum at nekls.org
Thu Jul 24 09:15:17 NZST 2008

I am working with a standalone system that was just installed, version 2.2.

In the cataloging module through the staff client the item type (y field)
displays correctly as what is set when the item is added. But in the OPAC,
the item type displays as what is defaulted in the 942 field of the MARC
record (currently audio cassette). If we edit the 942 field and set it as
the proper item type, it displays correctly in the OPAC. How do we change
the 942 default? Or is it a bug/issue with our install? et me know if you
need more information. Sorry if I'm wording this confusingly. I'm new to
Koha :)

Thanks for the help in advance,

Heather Braum
Northeast Kansas Library System