[Koha] Koha 2 to Koha 3 upgrade scripts/process, experiences

Darrell Ulm darrellulm at smfpl.org
Thu Jul 24 06:21:23 NZST 2008

Hi All,

I was fooling around with the Koha version 2.2 to 3.0 upgrade scripts on the new
Koha 3 release, as somewhat of a hobby, and I was wondering if any of you had
any success with the scripts.

So far I have made partial success. The end result works, except when accessing
screens with biblio details, I get the following error:

The following fatal error has occurred:

Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at /root/kohaclone/C4/Biblio.pm
line 968.

Apache	Server version: Apache/2.2.3 Server built: Jan 27 2008 18:13:21
Koha	3.00.00.101
Koha DB	3.0000101
MySQL	mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.2
OS	Linux koha 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Fri Jun 6 22:22:11 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
Perl	5.008008

This looks like a trace back to something that happened because of missing field
data.

If I use bulkmarcimport to load the bib, everything searches fine and there are
no errors, but of course, the bib records are not lined up.

Since this has been my latest hobby, has anyone else been playing with the
22_to_30 upgrade? Any luck? :)

Thanks!
Darrell Ulm