[Koha] Purpose of this list? - Adding more lists?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Jul 22 01:14:46 NZST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM, ed c <terrapin44 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
I don't think we've necessarily had a problem of the developer's list
not moderating,
more that there was some concern that the Koha User's list has a mix
of both Usage and
'How do I Install Koha' type questions that get pretty technical. The
fear I've heard expressed
is that librarians who would normally feel comfortable posting
questions about Usage
are scarred off by all of the system-level technical talk relating to
'how do I install Koha'. I
can't verify this personally ... I've never had anyone tell me that
specifically, but it does have
the ring of truth :-)

So I see two options:

1. create another list (we have far more than two already folks)
specifically for Usage, or specifically for 'How do I Install Koha'
2. do a better job of moderating the Koha user's list (this one) to
help it focus on less technical, more Usage questions.

I personally favor #2.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support