[Koha] Login questions

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 09:35:43 NZST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Paul Yachnes <yach at cox.net> wrote:

> 1. I have Koha set up with a single branch. When logging in to the
> intranet, I have achoice on the dropdown list between "My Library" and
> my branch name. What is the difference in logging in as one or the
> other? For that matter, what is the diference when logging in to
> different branches? And can I eliminate the "My Library" choice from the
> list"?

"My Library" logs you into the branch that is specified in your account
(borrowers table).  This provides a default that is almost always correct
for all staff in all branches (exceptions: librarians at multiple branches,
central staff, the superuser who has NO branch, etc.).

If all your staff users have their home branch set correctly, then there is
no difference between the two choices for them.  Both are correct.  You
could eliminate "My Library" from your local list, but there's not much
point.

> 2. When I log in to the OPAC, in the upper right-hand corner I see:
> Welcome, | Log Out
> Does this mean that I am logged in as an anonymous user? To log in as a
> user, I must then log out and log back in. Is this how it's supposed to
> work?  When I do log in, I see Welcome, Paul Yachnes | Log out.

Yes, you should have an anonymous session by default.  Perhaps we should
revisit the display of "Log Out" in that case and make it say "Log in".

> 3. I have singleBranchMode on. However, it doesn't seem to work as it
> should. For example, when I go to the Advanced Search page, I still have
> a choice on the dropdown list between "All Libraries" and my branch
> name. Or is this how it's supposed to work?

I haven't used that one, so perhaps somebody else can inform us.

--Joe