[Koha] Bulkmarcimport.pl: importing new batch of records

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Jul 10 00:54:41 NZST 2008

Hi Tomasz,

>Thanks, but that`s not the case. I have my own records in the other ILS
>(ALEPH to be specific). I extracted the raw data from it in order to
>figure out the best way of importing it into KOHA and to develop  a
>procedure that would give best results with least effort. After success,
>I allowed my colleagues to test KOHA, however the biblio and items
>databases were already outdated. New biblios and items are in Aleph, I
>can extract them and make them KOHA-importable. The problem would not
>exist if there were ONLY new biblios with items, however there are items
>that should be attached to  biblio records already existing in KOHA.

I'm a tester of Koha for my firm (www.cilea.it) and also
a System Librarian on Aleph500.
In your output from Aleph500 you have the id of the bib record in the tag 001.
You can modify youe Koha and the Bulkmarcimport.pl to mantain this information.
For example if you use Unimarc or MARC21 you can use the tag 035.

So, in this situation, instead of:

>read record from file -> look at ISBN in subfield 020a, search
>biblioitems for matching isbn -> if found, import field 952 only with
>biblionumber and biblioitemnumber of the found record. If not found,
>import all fields as a new biblio/biblioitem/item.

you do:
read record from file -> look at ID in subfield 035a, search
biblioitems for matching ID -> if found, import field 952 only with
biblionumber and biblioitemnumber of the found record. If not found,
import all fields as a new biblio/biblioitem/item.

Attention that in Aleph500 Bibliographic ID is different from
  Administrative ID (global XXX01 vs global XXX50).

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it