[Koha] Additional authors in OPAC?

Weinheimer Jim j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Fri Jan 25 20:56:17 NZDT 2008

I had exactly the same problem. I think you may understand this problem better if you go into the MySQL tables and just browse the tables. As in most systems, the records are in the database twice: 1) as a MARC record and 2) a second time in various relational tables, where the authors, titles, subjects, etc. are. The information that comes out with the <!-- TMPL_VAR  NAME="author" --> comes from the second areas, NOT from the MARC records.

For some reason, only a single additional author is put into additionalauthors table, and this is where the information you get comes from. Because of this, I have opted for the main record to display in the ISBD version, where I have complete control over the view of the record. So, I have substantially reworked the ISBD display to do what I think it needs to do. As an example, see:
http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=20791

If you want my ISBD display to work with on your own, I would be happy to send it.

James Weinheimer   j.weinheimer at aur.edu
Director of Library and Information Services
The American University of Rome
Rome, Italy