[Koha] installation help for KOHA 3.0

vimal laxman vimallaxman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:25:50 NZDT 2008

hi all,
        i am a newbie to Koha and Mysql i have installed koha 3.0
sucessfully without any of the dependency issues.but still unable to perform
som of the basic functionalitie like

1.Unable to search books using OPAC .it says No results found .does it have
any thing to with my database and encoding(iam using mysql5).

2.there is a koha wiki page "
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=encodingscratchpad"
which talks about
"Changing Default Character Sets for MARC21 libraries using UTF-8"Is it
necessary that i should so it since it is specified for an earlies version
of koha i believe since the table name that are mentioned are not found in
the Koha database

3.i created a patron and he is unable to place a hold on a book.the koha
error log says .

Mon Dec 22 02:11:12 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/img/toolbar-hold.gif,
referer: http://127.0.0.1:8080/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/css/staff-global.css.

4.I have added some books to the database .i tried to "checkout" one of
them.i inititally changed the items.barcode field to refer to ISBN .and
tried entering the ISBN number of a book in the check out field .but it
returns "Barcod not found".

Can anybody serioulsly help me on this .

Thanks in Advance for your help