[Koha] Freight in aquistions?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Dec 17 19:31:45 NZDT 2008

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Rachel Hamilton-Williams
> <rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> This is the specific step that's gone - along with all of simple
>> acquisistions
>>
>> http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album15/Acquisitions_r_4
>>
> That step is still in 3.0, but the shipping costs code was very buggy
> so that specific field was removed ... If I recall the specific error,
> you could add a shipping cost, but it wouldn't be calculated in the
> totals on the invoice page. I believe part of the problem had to do
> with how the shipping costs were stored in the database, they were
> indistinguishable from an actual item cost IIRC.> Cheers
>

>>> I think it got lost in the last version of Koha (another bit of
>>> acquisitions got removed all together).
>>>
>>> You used to put in freight as the first thing when receiving an order, so
>>> that the amount was split amongst all the items in the order, but you don't
>>> appear to be able to do that now.
>>>
>>> This is how acquisitions used to work...
>>>
>>> http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album15
>>>
>>> I haven't seen plans to put it back, but perhaps Liblime might have a view
>>> on that.
>>>
> I've yet to see a contributed version of Acquisitions that had all of
> these features working at the same time. 3.0 Acquisitions represents
> the only Acquisitions in a released version that I've seen where all
> the functionality is actually usable. I suspect that it works for
> Katipo and others because they run custom code, and/or custom
> templates, rather than the mainline Koha releases.

I don't recall that we did that specifically, although we did usually do
custom templates for clients. We still should have some systems running
simple acquisitions  - however they don't work with the MARC stuff - my
recollection is that once the MARC stuff came at 2.x acquisitions
started to come unstuck because it had no "native" awareness of MARC. So
it would work as long as you had MARC off - but not with MARC on.

I'm guessing that with later versions it got dropped as that was too
hard to reconcile as most people moved to MARC.

We have some non MARC systems still running and they use simple (and
possibly even some original "normal") acquisisitions.

Cheers