[Koha] Freight in aquistions?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Dec 16 23:04:19 NZDT 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Rachel Hamilton-Williams
<rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:
> This is the specific step that's gone - along with all of simple
> acquisistions
>
> http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album15/Acquisitions_r_4
That step is still in 3.0, but the shipping costs code was very buggy
so that specific field was removed ... If I recall the specific error,
you could add a shipping cost, but it wouldn't be calculated in the
totals on the invoice page. I believe part of the problem had to do
with how the shipping costs were stored in the database, they were
indistinguishable from an actual item cost IIRC.> Cheers

>> I think it got lost in the last version of Koha (another bit of
>> acquisitions got removed all together).
>>
>> You used to put in freight as the first thing when receiving an order, so
>> that the amount was split amongst all the items in the order, but you don't
>> appear to be able to do that now.
>>
>> This is how acquisitions used to work...
>>
>> http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album15
>>
>> I haven't seen plans to put it back, but perhaps Liblime might have a view
>> on that.
I've yet to see a contributed version of Acquisitions that had all of
these features working at the same time. 3.0 Acquisitions represents
the only Acquisitions in a released version that I've seen where all
the functionality is actually usable. I suspect that it works for
Katipo and others because they run custom code, and/or custom
templates, rather than the mainline Koha releases.

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support