[Koha] biblio: import complete, no results

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 10:37:18 NZDT 2008

Hello,

> You need to update your index, like:
>
> misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z -x
>
> That job should be scheduled regularly in crontab to take
> care of this kind
> of problem automatically.
>
> --Joe

i am running Koha 3.00 with Zebra off. When i import import records, i do not run any other script yet i am able to see the items in OPAC as well as staff client searches. i dont know whether this is a bug :-)

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Rachel Hollis <
> Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu> wrote:
>
> >  Koha 3.someting on a Linux OS. Have tried and tried
> to get records into
> > the catalog. Can run the Log Viewer and see biblios
> and items added but
> > cannot see them in the catalog. Yesterday I used the
> Log Viewer to delete
> > them all.
> >
> > This morning I tried again: was told "Completed
> import of records" then,
> > after a snack, searched the catalog and was told
> "No results found No
> > results match your search for 'economics' in
> Stevens-Henager College
> > Libraries Catalog." What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Log Viewer with the first attempt:
> > Date                    Librarian       Module  Action
>  Object
> > Info
> > 2008-10-13 10:44:54      0       CATALOGUING     ADD
>   biblio 1
> > biblio
> >
> > MARC Import screen from today:
> > Manage Staged MARC Records › Batch 7
> > File name YDX.D081204.bin
> > Comments
> > Staged 2008-12-09 06:16:47
> > Status imported
> > Matching rule applied ISBN (020$a)
> > Action if matching record found replace
> > Action if no match found create_new
> > Item processing always_add
> > Completed import of records
> > Number of records added 4
> > Number of records updated       0
> > Number of records ignored       0
> > Number of items added   0
> > Number of items ignored because of duplicate barcode
>  0

i noticed mo items were imported into the catalogue, which will put all the biblios in the reservoir, i believe.  Check your MArc records and make sure you hate item information in 952  and try importing again. For your import to be in your collection Number of items added should not be zero

Olugbenga Adara