[Koha] How to manage virtual branches (or temporary locations)

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Dec 4 02:55:45 NZDT 2008

> We have 3 real or physical libraries (Foxton, Levin and Shanon). We have
> also been running a bunch of virtual branches too, so we can track where
> items are.

At my library we have a history of using an item status for things
like this (Damaged, Lost, etc), but this method isn't always
preferable because it's difficult to set or remove these statuses
efficiently. Your method of using virtual branches has the advantage
of working by scanning barcodes.

I'd love to see a method for changing statuses, home branches, and
custom shelving locations with a barcode scan.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries