[Koha] Import items (holdings)

Library Guy library.guy.zero at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 08:57:29 NZST 2008

Although the holdings data is all present in 952, some important data is not
dedicated to a single subfield.  For example, rather than Koha's $v for the
price, the cost is instead held in a subfield and delimited within that
subfield along with a lot of other important data.  Even MarcEdit is not
sophisticated enough to parse this and copy the data to alternate
subfields.  Does anyone know of a utility that can?

I've been rethinking Jesse's idea of importing the MARC BIBs (without
holdings) in Koha, then importing the holdings directly into the sql items
table and running the sync script (after first exporting the biblionumbers
and matching them into my exported holdings CSV, assuming that the
biblionumber or the biblioitemnumber are the key field for syncing).

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thank you.