[Koha] switching from 'standard' to 'dev'

Brendan Gallagher gallabr at biblio.org
Tue Aug 12 09:06:11 NZST 2008

All -

I have created the new symlink for the koha site  (it appears in the /
etc/apache2/sites-available)...

I did not see a web-installer when navigating to the koha-
intranet....  should I see one when I make the reinstall from standard
to dev  (I was already on Koha 3.00.00.107)...

Made all my changes in the record.abs indexers and I am now rerunning
the zebra-indexer.  (the indexer is showing the correct directories in
kohaclone like it did before)

--I will let you all know what I see after the indexer completes.

Further response in message below.

Thanks,
Brendan

On Aug 11, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Joshua Ferraro wrote:

> Hey Brendan,
>
> Can you please post your responses to the list, that way they are
> archived for
> others to see and others may spot stuff I don't.
>
> First off, are you on debian, and are you running apache2? Are you
> familiar with
> the apache2 sites-available and sites-enabled paradigm and with the
> 'a2ensite'
> and 'a2enmod' utilities? These are the best starting places :-)

I have some kind of idea --

> Josh
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Brendan Gallagher
> <gallabr at biblio.org> wrote:
>> ln –s /root/koha-dev/etc/koha-httpd.conf /etc/apache2/sites-
>> available/koha
>> ln: target `/etc/apache2/sites-available/koha' is not a directory
>>
>> Stuck here...
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Joshua Ferraro wrote:

>>> Did you choose 'dev' at this point, and use the same database name,
>>> database
>>> user name, password, etc.?

Yes - same for everything....

>>> At this point you should have fines in /home/myuser/koha-dev.
>>> Rather than
>>> use
>>> the koha-httpd.conf from before you want to symlink
>>> home/myuser/koha-dev/etc/koha-httpd.conf
>>> to /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha and then a2ensite koha. You
>>> no longer
>>> need that older installation's filesystem /user/share/koha or
>>> wherever
>>> else
>>> the old install files are, everything's now in kohaclone, and
>>> /home/myuser/koha-dev.

Those are the directories that I identified....