[Koha] Koha 3.0.x Git branch created

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Aug 12 09:05:53 NZST 2008

Hi,

I have created a branch for maintaining Koha 3.0.x in the public Git
repository located at git.koha.org.  This branch and the master HEAD
currently point to the same state of the Koha source tree, the
3.0-stable version, but this will change as patches are accepted for
3.1.  Specifically, work destined for 3.1 will be added to the master
HEAD, and patches for the 3.0.x maintenance versions will be
cherry-picked from HEAD or added directly to the 3.0.x branch.

The branch is called 3.0.x - I decided to use something shorter than
"3.0-maintenance".

For Git users, the next time you do a git fetch, a reference to the
remote branch will be fetched automatically.  If you want to make a
local branch in your git repository that tracks the official 3.0.x
branch, you can do

git fetch
git branch --track my3.0.x origin/3.0.x

Here "my3.0.x" is the name of your local branch, and "origin/3.0x" is
the name of the remote branch that is being tracked.  To check out
that tracking branch, do

get checkout my3.0.x

If you are running a dev-mode installation of Koha 3.0 and you *don't*
want your installation to start following the 3.1 developments, you
should fetch, create the tracking branch, and check out that branch
BEFORE rebasing and going through the database update.  Later tonight
I will be pushing a patch to master's HEAD that updates the version
number to 3.01.00.000.

Regards,

Galen
--