[Koha] Z39.50 servers

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Fri Aug 1 19:13:22 NZST 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:58:22PM -0400, Cab Vinton wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> We're a small rural public library automating for the first time with
> Koha/ LibLime and we're looking for advice on your favorite sources
> for copy cataloging. We have quite a backlog of uncataloged items to
> get through.
>
> Koha's default search targets for us are FirstSearch WorldCat, LOC,
> New York University, New York Public Library, Columbia, & the
> Smithsonian Institution.
>
> Anyone have opinions, strong or otherwise, about their relative
> merits, or suggestions for alternative preferred servers?

You can choose Z39.50 targets according to your needs and cataloguing
practices.
Indexdata maintains the list of targets - http://targettest.indexdata.com/find.html
Useful information is "Host Connection Reliability" - ability to respond
to connections.

Marijana

---
Marijana Glavica
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Libraries
I. Lucica 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.knjiznice.ffzg.hr